It has been a busy few weeks after returning from honeymoon. I haven’t stopped! I only just properly realised that taking vacation from work is very different from University / School holidays:
- School / Uni Holidays are holidays – you pick up where you left off on return
- Work never stops – and it all waits for you! You effectively have to cram to finish things before you go and then play catch up on your return! Big WIN for the employers huh?
So after finally catching up and celebrating my 24th Birthday I am here! My life in summary:
- I am training hard for the JP Morgan 5.6K run in London next week. I originally planned to aim for sub 25 minutes, but a lack of time for proper training (also a little laziness maybe) has pushed this towards 28 minutes. The apres-social will be worth it 😉
- I am also training hard for a big charity walk I am doing at the end of July (more to come on this one later) which is looking to be pretty mental
- I bought a heap of cool outdoor gear with my Birthday money for said challenge (see below)
- A lot of finances have been recalculated in the SavvyScot household and I have come up with a pretty cool spreadsheet on investment / savings / mortgage obliteration. We are continuing to track our finances pretty tightly, ensuring that we are paying off our interest free credit cards! (see post on what we did)
- I have a Toastmasters Speech to prepare for tomorrow. I am thinking about using my blog post called ‘Defining Purpose and the Importance of Moderation‘ as the basis for this! This led me to think that a lot of my fellow bloggers would make excellent Toastmasters with some of the quality of their posts!
- Google Adsense has started to make me a little bit of money! Crazy right
- I am slightly worried about the UK’s economy after another £50 B was injected for Quantitative Easing. For those of you who don’t know what Q.E. is, the Bank of England essentially creates money by buying back Government Bonds. Other Banks and companies are then forced to reinvest this money in other businesses / people hence it is supposed to kick start the country. If all goes to plan, the Bank of England then sell the bonds again and destroy the money that is paid for them. Most of us know how this has ended for countries such as Zimbabwe!
I love using bullet points 🙂
OK So my cool new purchases are:
North Face Diad Blue Jacket
MacPac Rapaki 26L
What have you bought recently?