So as some of you know, I am currently in Latvia celebrating my best mate’s birthday. A group of 7 good friends (who I might add haven’t seen each other in a few months) in a cheap Eastern European city, with cheap beer and even cheaper… activities?.
Cost of a Trip to Latvia
In true Mastercard advert fashion:
- Ryanair flight from London Stanstead to Riga – £79
- Fuel to drive to airport – £15
- Car Parking for 4 days – £49
- Share of an 8 person apartment in central Riga for three nights – £35
- A pint of local beer – £1
- Firing 100 rounds of a semi-automatic weapon – £30
- Spending a long weekend with the best friends in the world – PRICELESS
Live for the Experiences
Just a gentle reminder that Life is all about the experiences… sure I could have made a few hundred quid overpayment on my mortgage with the money that I am set to spend; but the experiences and fun that I am going to have with my friends is worth SO MUCH MORE than that to me. If paying off your mortgage early truly makes you happy – then do it. Seriously. Paying off my mortgage early is definitely a priority of ours, but it is not above experiences.
We have all heard expressions that ‘life is short’ or ‘you could be run over by a bus tomorrow’ – well guess what folks… this is so true! Just ask Holly at Club Thrifty – she works in a Mortuary and knows better than anyone that Life can be VERY short for some people.
Just remember the 4 Things They Never Told You About Life.