Big news in the UK is that there are plans to build a Massive Theme Park in 2018, only 17 minutes from central London! This would be a Paramount Pictures park, based on a British theme – one of the top 4 largest theme parks in the whole world – at a cost of around £2,000,000,000! What’s more, the theme park would create 27,000 full-time jobs – a sure fire way to boost the UK’s economy.
The proposed site is over 870 acres – twice the size of the Olympic Park! Consider the following:
Disney World in Florida generates $18.2B worth of economic activity annually. Furthermore, 1 in 50 jobs in the state of Florida is with Disney.
Stay tuned folks.. I can’t wait to relive my youth
Here are 12 Crazy Facts About Disney World:
- It is strictly prohibited for Disney workers to date each other. They have a policy known as DDD. Don’t date Disney. Too bad Jack Sparrow and Ariel got caught…
- Disney Lost and Found: 1.6 million pairs of sunglasses, 6000 mobile phones and 3500 cameras. Don’t get me started…
- Walt Disney constructed an apartment inside Cinderella’s castle. Unfortunately he died before it was completed, but it was finished in 2006. It is given to a randomly chosen family everyday.
- The apartment contains a TV in the shape of the Magic Mirror and a 24Ct gold floor
- In total, Disney’s footprint of land is approximately the size of San Francisco! Only 35% is currently developed.
- Since 1955, there have been about 12 deaths at Disneyland California
- Over 75 million Cokes are consumed each year in Disney World Resort in addition to 13 million bottles of water. Did I mention 10 million burgers, 6 million hot dogs and 9 million pounds of french fries are gobbled every year!
- Since 1971, the Disney Monorail has covered enough ground to make 20 return trips to the moon!
- If you wanted to stay a night in every room at all the Disney resorts, it would take you… 68 Years!!
- There is only one place in the Disney Park that serves alcohol – Club 33. There is a 10 year waiting list to get in and rumor has it that it costs over $1000 to enter!
- The Haunted House has had to be closed and cleaned several times by a Hazmat team due to relatives spreading loved-ones ashes…
- Disney Parks have 2 groups of their own special forces… One group tasked to find drug users and the other to find those flashing breasts / giving fingers to the cameras!