Have you subscribed to SavvyScot.com updates by entering your email address in the box at the bottom of the page?
Today concludes another extremely busy week. Apologies to all my friends that I haven’t been around and commenting so much / at all this week! I will make up for it as of tomorrow, I promise. I didn’t manage to write about half of the things that I wanted to, but my big news is that I took out a loan and bought a new car – not a brand new car, but quite a new car! More to come on this next week.
The Ouch! Personal Finance book giveaway has a little over 5 days left. There are currently only 172 entries and with 5 copies to giveaway; you could be in with a good chance of winning. I am also pleased to announce I haveanother giveaway lined up for next weekend!
Considering that I haven’t invested much time in SavvyScot this week, I would expect my stats to be waaaay down, but a funny thing happened: I had my busiest week ever!
The most popular post @savvyscot this week was Defining Purpose and the Importance of Moderation with 282 views.
Summary of Stats:
- Average no. of visits per day – 157 – up from 148 last week – great news!
- Alexa Rank – 215,339 down from 236,264 last week; smashed my goal of <220k – Is it too ambitious to aim for <200K?
- Alexa Rank (UK) – 10k – this is actually up from last week but again a lot of progress with US / Canadian readers!
- Sterling Effort UK Ranking – 11th – Absolutely delighted with this one! 11th out of 64 UK blogs – this will hopefully bring me further sponsored post opportunities!
- Facebook Likes – around 600
- Twitter Followers – around 25k (up around 200 this week – )
- Subscribers – 28 – gained 2 from last week. Still looking at strategies to sign up new readers, but at a loss here. I currently use feedburner… any other suggestions?
Top Posts This Week
What Role Does Alcohol Play in Getting Rich? - Objective Wealth
Catering Your Blog to Your Readership - Modest Money
Comparing UK Credit Cards – Ethans Money
Build a Home Series – Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
Fincon 2012: How One Conference Can Change Your Life – Careful Cents
Why Saving Money Feels as Good as Spending Does – Club Thrifty
It’s Not Brave if You’re Not Afraid – Blonde on a Budget
UK Personal Finance Blogs - Sterling Effort
Lightly Slap Debt in the Face – Punch Debt in the Face
7 Ways to Save Money at Costco – Frugal Rules
And That’s Your Lot! I am away off for (another) spin in my new car. I’ll leave you with a picture: