I am the start of a difference. Out to break boundaries, stereotypes and states of mind.
Follow the journey of a
twenty something 24 year old Scot living in the big city.
It all started when I spent five years studying a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, working for 4 years as a doorman (bouncer) at University, while running a small online business. I spent my long summers traveling the world (where I caught the bug) and working internships – including two in Texas. I graduated in Summer 2011 and made a stereotypical move to London; before getting married in January 2012. I now work within Technology and Project Management and I refuse to have a conventional life!
The blog is primarily based around personal finance, personal development and travel. I am known to be a bit of an adrenaline junkie and to make ridiculously big impulse decisions! This blog will allow you to join me on this journey to break the boundaries and accepted norms of society. I love presenting, meeting new people, coaching and learning in general. Oh and I love a good debate; I have an answer for almost everything.
Things that Make me Tick (From my Benefits of Being a Dilettante post)
Expect to read about a plethora other things including:
- Scuba Diving – Mrs Scot and I love Diving - one day we want to own a dive school and live in an exotic place! I may post about this soon
- Motorbikes -
I have a Yamaha R1
- Gym / Fitness- I am quite obsessed with working out and am quite knowledgeable in this area – ask me a question!
- Cooking (my new found hobby)
- Adrenaline-fueled activities! (like sky-diving)
Things that I like:
- Lucozade (fizzy drink – my vice…. trying to cut this out)
- Biltong (South African dried, spiced and cured meat)
- Chicken – I eat LOTS of this
- Spicy Food (I am slightly addicted)
- Music – almost anything
- Gadgets – I am a slight geek
- Cufflinks – My male equivalent of collecting shoes
- Study Afrikaans – Working on this one
- Practice Yoga
Areas of Interest:
- Minimalism – This is a relatively new interest/obsession. I am learning a lot more about this through other blogs.
- Futurism – This is not some sci-fi nonsense, but a topic concerning future trends and how the world will change in our lifetime
- Personal Development – Speaking, Presenting, Coaching, Project Management
My Icons Include
- Steve Jobs
- Richard Branson
- Duncan Bannatyne
- Peter Jones
If you want to know anything else… Just ask