Hello everyone. It’s been a while since I had a general update post. I have missed two Sunday Reviews now and I apologise to my blogger friends for the lack of link love. I am also very thankful that lots of fantastic people still mentioned The Savvy Scot when I wasn’t able to return the favour over the last couple of weeks – you know who you are!
Want to Know How Much Money I Make?
I am delighted to announce that I will shortly be releasing the Savvy Scot Newsletter! Whilst the first newsletter won’t be released for a few weeks, I have started a list so that you can all sign up early. I have not yet decided the frequency of the newsletter, but I can assure you that I won’t ever spam you. If you are a bit nosey and want to keep track of how much money this blog is making, my negotiation tactics and future plans for taking over the world… then you will have to sign up!! You can do that right HERE
Amazing Things in My Life
Although we don’t celebrate thanksgiving in the UK, I am going to talk to you about 5 Things that I am truly thankful for. There is also the chance to win $100 at the end of the post… a nice prize for thanksgiving.
- My Wife – The first thing that I am thankful for is my wife. This might sound cliched and very boring, but she is the most important and amazing thing in the world to me. I truly believe that I have found my soul mate and after the perfect wedding this year, she has made me feel like the only guy that exists!
- My Family and Friends- They all mean the world to me. While I am easy-going and get on with almost anyone, I only truly trust and befriend an elite group of people. They make me laugh and make me feel special. Those who I consider my friends are in an elite group who I would sell the shirt of my back for. While I often preach about savings and money, I would give it all to help a friend. I never want to lose sight of that.
- My Health – I am all too aware that we take so many things for granted. That is until we realise how illnesses/diseases/disabilities can turn worlds upside-down. The fact that I am strong and fit enables me to ski, snowboard, scuba dive, wakeboard, climb, skydive, swim, play tennis, learn golf, walk and do half marathon adventure courses (more to come on that) and all the other things I could possibly dream of; is priceless.
- My Past - Your past shapes your present. I have been very fortune to have had some great opportunities and to do some great things. I lived in Scotland which was a great playground growing up… the mountains were on my doorstep and the lochs and castles around the corner. I studied for 5 years at University to get a Masters Degree in Engineering and never paid a single penny. Although this is history, I am forever grateful for it.
- My Blog - Since starting SavvyScot back in February, I have met a lot of fantastic like-minded people – both readers and fellow bloggers alike. I didn’t ever imagine that in just 9 months I could grow into and become a part of such an awesome community. This has led to numerous opportunities: passive income, product testing, freelance work for other sites and more recently – the opportunity to be part of writing a book. I am truly excited about what the future holds.
What are you most grateful for?
NEWS THEME on the GENESIS FRAMEWORK